Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ha! Freshness....

Well today, I found the fresh food market and fell in love.  Its amazing.  No wonder everything tastes so delicious and fresh here - b/c it is!  Meats, cheeses, olive oils, fruits, vegetables, dried fruits, everything you could want.  And I keep wondering where all the groceries at the 'supermarkets' were.  Duh! Everyone goes to the market.  And now I will too.  I bought a HUGE bag of dried bananas, strawberries, and kiwis today....and ate the entire bag!  But it was good though.
I also did laundry today, which was horribly bittersweet.  I've been "recycling" my clothes, wearing them in different ways to put off washing them for a while.  But I had to today, I was running out of clean socks.  It was really expensive.  3.50 euro a load to wash (and I had two loads to do) then 3.5o euro to dry.  So total 10 euros to wash and dry all my clothes.  Not cool.  So, I think next time I might go to the less fancy laundry mat to do my washing, its a little cheaper (and less attractive looking) there.  But hey I'm a college kid, even in this country you've gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Anyways, I'm tired and want to go to bed.  I just wanted to post about my new found love for the food market.  :)  Its so cool.  I'm going to go shoot there very soon and post pics.  Until then...

Peggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment