Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let's start with the Louvre....

On our way there...

HUGE.

I always forget to put it on auto focus when a stranger uses it. :(

ha.

Oh you know, the stairs to my apartment.  Lol.

Fancy.



Pretty stairs.

I love this handle for some reason. Reminds me of my friend Jess, for some reason. :)

This was fun.

From the inside looking out.

Beautiful view.

:)

Gotta Love Botticelli!

And there she is.  Ms. Lisa.  So small, and on a huge wall all by her lonesome.

Contemporary Art.  Wicked awesome.

Exhausted.

Isn't she beautiful?

Phi Mu's in the Louvre!

The Louvre was pretty amazing.  It is SO freaking huge.  I knew it was big, but my mind didn't understand how big huge really was.  We spent about 5 hours there and didn't see everything.  Didn't even see all of the key pieces.  But it was so big, and we were exhausted to say the least.  I'm so glad that I got to see this museum though.  It was beautiful.  The layout was a little confusing, so we just roamed.  And you are allowed to take photographs there, as long as you didn't use flash, which people did and it got on my nerves sooo bad.  People really don't understand the damage that can come from a camera flash.  Oh well.  And the museum staff weren't really paying attention.  So, I took it upon myself to remind some people that flash is NOT allowed.  What else do you expect from me? I'm a redhead.  
Also at the Louvre I met up with some fellow Gtown friends.  Jami and Katie are both studying in Spain, it was wonderful to see them!  Some sisters finally!  It was refreshing to see familiar faces.  They are both coming to Florence in early April, so I'll get to see them again, before I leave here!  :)
Overall, the Louvre is my favorite museum that I've seen this time around (it doesn't beat Tate Modern in London though).  I can't imagine having those masterpieces at your fingertips everyday, if you lived in Paris.  But I can't imagine myself ever living there.  I liked Paris, its just not a city I could picture myself in for longer a month or vacation.  
But the Louvre was amazing.  And an experience I will never forget.  One that I am forever thankful for as well.

Peggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment