Monday, March 9, 2009

Parisians are nice, but I'm stupid....

When thinking about sightseeing in Paris, France one usually thinks of these sites:
The Eiffel Tower
The Louvre
Museum d'Orsay
Notre Dame
etc...

Well, not only did I get to see the sites above I also got to visit these places as well:
The Paris Police Station
The U.S. Consulate in Paris
The Paris Lost and Found Center
The Metro Lost and Found Center

Yup, that's right. I lost my purse on the first night there. Lovely huh? Needless to say it definitely put a huge damper on the entire trip. Everything important was in my purse. Passport, ID, DL, credit cards, debit cards, student ID, ipod, camera, umbrella (and yes it rained while I was in Paris without my umbrella). Everything. Lost in the metro. It was late when we got in, I was carrying too much stuff, and confused and must have set it down somewhere and forgot it. It was a horrible experience that I'm still reeling from.
So I dont have the fondest memories of Paris, and I dont like to think about it overall.

But anyways, on to more happy-sounding stuff:
The Louvre was amazing. I spent about 5 hours there and didn't see it all. I loved everything there. It was beautiful.
I spent about 2.5 hours picture taking with Mr. Eiffel Tower. He was super-impressive as well.
Notre Dame was beautiful as well.
and the Museum d'Orsay was amazing. So many masterpieces to see and learn from. I loved it there.
Sadly, the food wasn't as good there. Florence definitely has better food.
Parisians are super nice. They were so helpful and kind.

But, I'll post pictures later. And be more excited later too. I'm still adjusting to my big dumb mistake. Blah. Oh well, it happens more often than expected though.

Peggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment