Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun Facts about Italia...

So, I'm currently procrastinating my homework.  And I've been learning random and interesting facts about Italy since I've been here, and it has lead me to google some more tidbits about Italy.  
  1. Italy is the 5th most industrialized country in the world.
  2. Its about the size of Arizona.
  3. The average Italian eats about 55 pounds of pasta a year.  
  4. Italy has a low birth rate, because family values are changing in Italy.
  5. 98% of Italians in Italy are Roman Catholics.  
  6. The story of Pinocchio was written by Carlo Collodi, a Florentine.
  7. The average Italian eats about 1/2 pound of bread a day.
  8. Italy has one of the highest eating disorders rates in the world. (I've been told this, I'm not 100% sure on it though.)
  9. Eyeglasses are an Italian invention.
  10. The average Italian drinks about 26 gallons of wine a year.
  11. Italy imports over 75% of its energy.
  12. Italy has over 3,000 museums, Florence being the home of Italian Art.
  13. The Vespa is an Italian made motor scooter.
haha.  I enjoy these facts much more than my Italian homework.
I hope you do too.

Peggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment