Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I have a phone-date tonight...

A lot has happened since the last time I blogged.  Not with me particularly but you probably heard about the earthquake that hit central Italy last Sunday night.  I'm ok.  Everyone was freaking out trying to get ahold of me when they woke up in the US and heard about it.  My mom in particular.  The quake caused quite the damage too.  Atleast 200ish people dead, 17,000 homeless, 2,000 injured, and still some people are missing.  Its scary to think of what could've happened if it had been closer to Florence, how different my life would be right now if it had been.  
But onto less depressing things...
Went to Santa Croce last weekend.  Lovely, the tombs are pretty amazing and elaborate.  Then I went to Cappelle Medicee today.  Nice.
And then I went shopping today! :) and bought a lovely new purse, italian leather.  Its gorgeous.  I'm pretty pumped about it.  And I bought a pair of flats today too, so I can wear them with my skirts since the weather has been really nice.
Silly italians are still wearing scraves and jackets.  Its like 75! And they look at the Americans in shorts and dresses and think we're crazy.  haha.  
And I went to the movies last night, and watched "The Reader" in English.  It was good.  Different kind of love story.  But good.  Definitely an adult movie.
Well, I'm getting off here.  I've updated you and I have a phone-date in about 30 minutes.  

Peggs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment